News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: update on Curology(used to be PocketDerm)  (Read 394 times)

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
update on Curology(used to be PocketDerm)
« on: April 30, 2016, 09:43:17 AM »
As many of you know I've had my own challenges with reactive skin and despaired of being able to use any anti-aging products, but had started a Curology(used to be PocketDerm) Rx last year, in the hopes of evening out my skin tone(as in at least blending in sun spots)as well as other benefits. Well, I can say that I'm very happy with the way things have been going - my provider at Curology was able to up the tretinoin part of the formula to 0.02%(had started at 0.012%) last year and she may be able to increase it soon. I was very careful about incorporating the Rx, only increasing frequency of application over a period of time, to minimize the risk of irritation, and it paid off. Only once or twice did I have to back up a little bit because I tried to up my frequency too soon, but other than that, I've been fine!:) Over the last year, my skin texture has gotten way better, and sun spots ARE definitely fading - even my husband is noticing, which is saying something. I think it will take another year before things are really really evened out, but with topicals, even Rx, one must be patient. Given my skin, I'm willing, rather than risking trashing my skin with a "boot-camp" approach. My makeup looks a lot better too, thereby proving that makeup only looks as good as the skin underneath it.:) Anyhow, Curology Rx is a keeper for me!

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: update on Curology(used to be PocketDerm)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 02:43:00 PM »
So happy to hear that this is working so well for you, Cara. And how nice that not only is your skin improving but it shows with makeup!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart