News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Fake Tan  (Read 602 times)

Julie

Fake Tan
« on: May 01, 2016, 05:06:33 AM »
Anyone know of any good fake tan that doesn't have that horrible biscuit smell? I currently use fake bake and it's good apart from the smell that comes with it.

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Fake Tan
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 09:47:13 AM »
I know what you mean about the smell of these types of products. Some years ago, I tried a couple, and no matter what, they STUNK to high heavens, no matter what I did. Even my husband wondered WHAT had I put on my body. Some people's body chemistry makes that smell worse than others, and I guess I was one of them. So no self-tanners for me. Plus I'm sensitive to smells anyway. Best of luck finding one you can tolerate.:)

Julie

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 07:12:03 AM »
Thanks Cara4art  :)

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 12:38:12 PM »
I don't use fake tan, but I have been told that St. Tropez is 'the' thing. Again, not sure if you can get it in the US. Have you tried a moisturiser that gives a hint of a tan, like Garnier's Summer Body Lotion? I have used it on my legs in the past and it was fine. You need to exfoliate very carefully to avoid streaks, even though it is a moisturising lotion.

denisiel

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 11:33:49 AM »
In my experience, St. Tropez is the best and fastest tan but it does have some of that horrible fake tan smell.  I read on the Sephora site of a product that is supposed to be odorless but I can't remember the name.

Angelcat47

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 05:41:04 PM »
There's a fairly new one called Vita Liberata. It's supposed to smell great and last quite long. It was developed by a very fair Irish girl. I have tried BareMineral's Faux Tan;it has a pleasant smell;I would say almonds. Pretty color,too.
  • Complexion: Light skintone,oily and somewhat sensitive
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Medium brown with blonde highlights

angela001

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 12:17:48 PM »
I agree that St Tropez is great, but that smell.. It is really irritating and annoying, I feel like everyone around me smells it.

Julie

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 09:36:36 AM »
In my experience, St. Tropez is the best and fastest tan but it does have some of that horrible fake tan smell.  I read on the Sephora site of a product that is supposed to be odorless but I can't remember the name.
Il check the Sephora site and see what they have to offer. Thanks guys

maya.tovi

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 01:01:28 PM »
I think St Tropez is the best. By the way I've recently found a great post on TheBeautyInsiders website about how self-tanners work - it was really helpful and good to know info :)