News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Any recommendations for face products that help with oily skin????  (Read 885 times)

Julie

Any recommendations for face products that help with oily skin?

milla

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Any recommendations for face products that help with oily skin????
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 01:38:15 PM »
I would say, beware of using harsh cleansers with alcohol because they will only aggravate your skin. Kiehl’s makes very good cleansers for combination/oily skin. As for moisturizers, try a lotion instead of a heavy cream. La Roche Posay is a brand that has a very good line for oily skin, but I don’t know if it is available in the US.

Julie

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 07:23:10 AM »
Thanks for the recommendation Milla, i have had a look on amazon as they usually have everything and guess what, they have it.
I just bought two bottles of it, cannot wait to test it out. The reviews seem to be mostly good. I hope this is the end do having oil face. Thanks again  :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B4RJP72/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00B4RJP72&linkCode=as2&tag=zaapcosmetics-20&linkId=ZJNG7G5VPTD7RG7Q

Not to expensive either.

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 12:46:53 PM »
La Roche Posay products are not all that expensive and they have always good reviews. Another brand that is very good is Bioderma, it is very good for sensitive skin. The thing with oily skin is not to go for products that strip the skin of all natural oils, but I am sure that you know that already. Kiehl's is very good but it is a bit more expensive.

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 11:07:21 AM »
 :welcomepicture: Julie!!

I used to have oily skin.  And, milla is quite right. You don't want anything to strip your skin of your natural oil.  Crazy as it may sound, I now use different types of facial oil.  I'm currently using Tatcha facial oil and it's on the top 10, for me, but it's rather expensive.

Good luck and I hope that you find a solution soon!
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 01:04:51 PM »
Susie is right, facial oils are very good for all types of skin I have not tried the Tatcha oil, I buy one by Una Brennen, a UK brand. But there are plenty of facial oils to chose from. Rose based ones are worth trying, as they are very soothing.

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 01:49:56 PM »
Susie is right, facial oils are very good for all types of skin I have not tried the Tatcha oil, I buy one by Una Brennen, a UK brand. But there are plenty of facial oils to chose from. Rose based ones are worth trying, as they are very soothing.
Oh yeah...the rose ones also smells nice, if you like roses. Not strong at all...just a slight scent. 
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Hair: Black w/waves

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 08:59:19 AM »
Yes, if you use a good oil it should not make your face greasy. I use oil to cleanse my face with a hot cloth or to do a facial massage. But like all products you should always test it first, in case you are allergic to a specific ingredient.

Angelcat47

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 06:34:02 PM »
I still have oily skin...treating acne and wrinkles is no fun(and not fair,in my opinion).Some products I like: for exfoliation Stridex Pads(same ingredient used in the fancy liquid exfoliants some lines are coming out with and they're much cheaper). For  a good,lightweight moisturizer I like Cerave PM(I use the CVS knockoff). For a lightweight,non-greasy sunscreen, I like Biore Aqua Rich Watery Gel SPF 50(from Amazon).
  • Complexion: Light skintone,oily and somewhat sensitive
  • Hair: Medium brown with blonde highlights