News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Good hair products to stimulate hair growth  (Read 697 times)

Julie

Good hair products to stimulate hair growth
« on: May 02, 2016, 07:56:00 PM »
Hey everyone. I just wondered if any one can recommend any hair products their using at the moment or which you have used in the past which stimulates hair growth and also adds thickness to your hair as I find my hair is getting finer ???

Thanks

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Good hair products to stimulate hair growth
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 12:01:33 PM »
Hi Julie! I don't use it but I know someone who uses Nioxin for her fine hair and she's quite happy with it. She uses a version for chemically treated hair since she colors her hair, too. I see that Amazon has a variety of Nioxin products and the price isn't quite as steep as I had expected.

Hope this helps a little. :)
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

Julie

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 05:30:33 PM »
Hi Styyna!

Thank you for getting back to me on my thread. I will have to have to try out that Nioxin. I'm willing to try anything that might add growth or thickness to my hair. I have recently come across this on amazon too which seems to have a lot of good reviews. I'm thinking of buying it and trying it out.

here is the amazon page http://goo.gl/rJ00IM

Angelcat47

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 06:19:11 PM »
Hi,Julie, I have not tried this but have read on a number of blogs about women using castor oil for this. Many also use it on brows and lashes. If interested,you'll have to Google the directions or go to this website I consult:naturallycurly.com.
  • Complexion: Light skintone,oily and somewhat sensitive
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Medium brown with blonde highlights

silverstreak

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 04:30:30 AM »
Bumping this. My Indian friends recommend squeezed juice from fresh ginger rubbed into scalp. If it feels warm it is working. They recommend weekly application after shampoo & left in overnight.
  • Complexion: olive
  • Eyes: brown
  • Hair: white & grey, straight but coarse & thick.
silverstreak

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 11:45:43 AM »
Interesting! I think that massaging your scalp is a good way of improving circulation and that has got to be good for your hair.

angela001

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 12:06:36 PM »
Yeah, I think it's the best way to massage your scalp, just so the blood recirculates and make some progress under the skin.. Also I reccomend vitamin B, or any vitamin complexes with it.