News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Sunscreen  (Read 2261 times)

silverstreak

• Silver Member
Re: Sunscreen
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2016, 09:46:38 AM »
I don' t think it is available in Britain ( it is not in Finland....) but  Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch sunscreen is what I've been looking for for decades. It absorbs very well, does not show, and lasts and lasts!I had not realized you could, or would, apply moisturizer on top of any sunscreen?

You can find on YesStyle.co.uk, eBay.co.uk, iHerb.com & herbalukstore.co.uk
  • Complexion: olive
  • Eyes: brown
  • Hair: white & grey, straight but coarse & thick.
silverstreak

anne

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2016, 10:40:50 AM »
Silverstreak THANK YOU! I´ve never realized Neutrogena is available at iHerb, and I am a customer!  :lol:
  • Complexion: NC 15 winter, NC 20 summer. Still oily.
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: *Very* fine + wavy. Middle / dark blonde (my natural hair color) with some highlights.

Swest

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2016, 09:33:57 AM »
Thank you I will look for it online

Now that I think of it, it was on her chin area and the doc just sort of scraped it off and it left a barely noticeable scar. Still.

Today was looking at my sister and her friend. Even with SPF sunscreen she got quite dark. She went river rafting for a few hours and came back almost two shades deeper. She also uses a self tanner. Frankly I don't get the whole obsession with tanning now that Im older. I'm certainly not super white, but I do not want anymore moles and freckles.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe you should look into Shiseido Wet Force or Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen Aqua Booster as they feature new technology that causes the sunscreen to bind with skin upon contact with water or sweat and offer the highest UVA and UVB protection of SPF 50+ and PA++++.
[/quote]
  • Complexion: Fair-med NC20, combo
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Dark Reddish Brown

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2016, 10:04:11 AM »
To boost sunblock protection, find a Vitamin C serum that one's skin likes. It also helps brighten the skin over time. Timeless Skincare makes a couple - one being their Hyularonic Serum with 5% Vitamin C(I started with that and it's great), and their C + E and Ferulic Acid one(20% Vitamin C) and Vitacost has their house brand, CSI Youth Serum(12% Vitamin C) Right now I'm working in the CSI one while finishing the Timeless milder one, before advancing to Timeless full-strength(20% C)that gets great reviews even by people who have finicky skin. Anyhow, using a C serum during the day under moisturizer and sunblock really does help with boosting the sun protection as well as the other benefits it has.
@Swest - I'm with you on the not being super-white(I'm light-medium that used to tan at the drop of a hat what with my yellow undertones)and also not wanting a single new sun spot or freckles. As we get older, if we tan, we tend to get blotches and spots rather than that nice even tan. Getting too tan as we get older makes us look older in addition to the skin damage it's creating. I don't use sunless tanner - they smell really bad on me such that I couldn't stand it whatsoever. Also, if one has ANY spots or freckles, self-tanner doesn't blend them in, it makes them darker. Not the look one is going for!:(