News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Skin tag removal!!!  (Read 366 times)

Donest1952

Skin tag removal!!!
« on: May 24, 2016, 02:48:40 AM »
Hey. I’m 45 years old and I have a clear skin and normal type. Recently I noticed some skin tags near my elbows and neck. I’m really worried. Is skin tags cancerous. I’m really worried. I’m considering a skin tag removal procedure in a cosmetic surgery centre in Barrie. But before undergoing the procedure should I undergo a cancer screening test? Is skin tag removal a safe procedure? Is there any downtime for this procedure? Any previous experiences?

milla

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Skin tag removal!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 04:35:33 AM »
I have not had this procedure and I don't think I know anyone who has... I would see a doctor or an independent dermatologist before having it done. He/she would be the most qualified person to answer your queries. Good luck!

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Skin tag removal!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 05:39:30 AM »
I had a skin tag removed and it was a piece of cake! They are not usually cancerous either. I pointed mine out at a regular checkup with my family doctor. He called in a nurse, numbed the area, and cut the skin tag off. As with just about anything removed, it was sent to pathology but was, of course, benign. No stitches required, not even a bandage immediately after. It was very safe, painless, and quick.

Skin tags tend to crop up in places where there is rubbing or friction on the skin though they can appear anywhere. Again, they are almost always benign. I wouldn't hesitate to have one or more removed again. It's a very minor procedure.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart