News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Planner Glam  (Read 1045 times)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Planner Glam
« on: May 25, 2016, 03:00:21 PM »
 :lol: Let me start with the smiley face since that's what I think of when I see these videos.  When it's Friday and I can't sleep, I will pull out my ipad  and go in to my living room where my orchids are.  I start surfing for orchids and usually end up with DIY gardening, Dollar store hauls and these I found the other night. How to glam up your day planner.   

I'm a girlie girl at heart and if I were 15 these would be the best thing on earth. Since I am not 15 but still girly at heart, I have glammed up my hand held calendar.  I have left over stickers from my son's kindergarten/1st grade and also the Dollar store, which I frequent for lots of things. I don't have a Full Blown Glam like some of these young ladies but some of my days have some bling and some cute left over stickers. But, I found that it does help with me to look at my "Planner" daily and actually add to my to do list and get some done. I think it's because it is now colorful.

If you like color and some bling in your life, decorate your day planner.  It stands out and found that I use it now.  :lol:   I'll post a picture shortly. I'm at work and you can see my lovely view outside my cube.  :lol:

Ok - here's my somewhat glam calendar.  :heartthrob:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 03:06:42 PM by SusieQ »
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

milla

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Planner Glam
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 03:03:48 AM »
Love your planner! you may be a girlie girl, and you are also very organised. Do whatever you feel like if it helps you face the day with a bright outlook. I have a very boring planner, more of a diary really; I have to write down my schedule for the day otherwise I don't get anything done. I also find it helpful to write my thoughts at the end of the day...

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 09:37:40 AM »
I find it interesting that there seems to be a real move back to paper and pen for planning purposes. Yours, SusieQ, is fun and appealing. It's great that making it more attractive makes it more useful to you.

I'm still dependent upon my electronic calendar and reminders to keep me on track. They aren't fun and festive like the paper and pen versions but they are effective for me. They also don't take up any room, something that's important right now. Perhaps I will try something different once DH and I have fully retired.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 11:54:56 AM »
Thank you, ladies!  I've never looked at my calendar more than the last few weeks since I started to visually make more it appealing to me.  I use the stickers like emogies. The calendar is small enough to go in purse and I do enjoy taking it out.

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 08:31:11 AM »
Catching up on some posts I missed!  I love this SusieQ!  Makes me want to have a real planner.  I put everything in my phone calendar, but I think a nice planner with a "To do" list is great to have.  Someetimes you just need to actually put pen to paper.
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 09:26:52 PM »
It's kinda like books...sometimes, I want to feel the actual book and sometimes, I don't mind if I use my ereader. :)  But, I find that I can look at the calendar faster.  :grin: