News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: What are the most - effective anti-aging methods that you have tried?  (Read 2646 times)

milla

• Ageless Beauty
Re: What are the most - effective anti-aging methods that you have tried?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 12:17:43 PM »
I like face masks too! especially home made ones.

Angelcat47

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 06:57:47 PM »
I completely agree with the other girls. Sunscreen is the way to go and if I could go back, I would have worn it every day. I also think a retinol or prescription retinoid has lots of sound science behind it. Next would be a good moisturizer. I use Cerave PM. Excellent ingredients for a reasonable price.
  • Complexion: Light skintone,oily and somewhat sensitive
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Medium brown with blonde highlights

denisiel

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2016, 04:36:28 AM »
Topicals:
Vitamin C serum
Tretinoin
Sunscreen
Niacinamide

Devices:
Ultrasound device (Fyola)
Microneedling (Dermaroller)
Red LED light (Baby Quasar MD Plus)
Laser (Illuminage)

Jennn

• Bronze Member
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2016, 07:53:17 AM »
Hey Denisiel :D It looks like you`ve tried a lot of things:D Are you using some of them regularly?

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 12:44:54 PM »
May I ask how do you use Niacinamide ie, which product do you find most effective?

denisiel

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2016, 07:42:56 PM »
Hey Denisiel :D It looks like you`ve tried a lot of things:D Are you using some of them regularly?

Yes, use the topicals daily. 

For the devices I use on a regular basis depending on the device, such as Ultrasound device (Fyola) daily a few minutes to ion cleanse or a deep massage to lift muscles or to penetrate serums;  Microneedling (Dermaroller) once every six weeks to allow collagen to rebuild; Red LED light (Baby Quasar MD Plus) nightly after cleansing while waiting for skin to dry before applying tretinoin; Laser (Illuminage) three months nightly and then three months rest. I also use microcurent (Pico Toner) daily when I have time as it really lifts the face but the effect is cumulative yet temporary, can also use to penetrate products deeper.  The LED and laser dry out my skin so I back off for a few days if my skin feels overly dry.

I am considering to try Fraxel laser soon to see if it works and if I can replace some of my devices (microneedling and the laser) with a yearly Fraxel treatment. 

denisiel

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2016, 07:51:26 PM »
May I ask how do you use Niacinamide ie, which product do you find most effective?

Some Olay products are high in niacinamide and I just started using Nia24, which has a niacin derivative, nicotinamide, but it's too early to make an assessment if it works well.  I also saw that Paula's Choice just released a Niacinamide Booster at a good price so I'll try that next as I think I'll finish the Nia24 in a month. I have brown spots and melasma and only use hydroquinone for 3 months at a time and then alternate with niacinamide and azaleic acid products.

MichelleO

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2016, 04:29:50 AM »
Definitely not smoking!

I used to use tanning beds occasionally in my 20's, and didn't really cleanse my face of make up till the next morning! From my thirties I started looking after my skin and doing the cleanse/tone/moisterise routine, wish I had started earlier buy hey ho. I have had some radio frequency treatments, which I loved, and then I bought a tripollar stop at home device to top that up, obviously you get a lot more from a proper treatment at a clinic but the tripollar has been pretty good in between times. I have also had some laser treatments, again found them to be very good. I had one of those visia face scans prior to the laser treatments, and then six months after, and there was a difference in all areas so it was'nt just my imagination.

On the whole tho I wear factor 30 every day, and factor 50 in summer or on holiday, and use vitamin C serum and retinol cream. At the moment thats working well.

stayingsassy

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2016, 12:20:58 PM »
Hello. At Stayingsassy.com we have been looking at various facial anti-ageing products. Sometimes, the most expensive is not necessarily the best for your skin. If you read the list of chemical ingredients you wonder whether your skin really benefits from all that stuff.
Our research is showing that the use of natural oils are both effective and clean. There are lovely products such as Divine Face Oil by Antipodes - a blend of avocado and rosehip, both of which are antioxidant. But you can also make your own beautiful blends. Try putting a few drops of natural rose (for anti-age) or lavender (for clearing)  oil into 2oz of sweet almond oil and massage a small amount into your face every evening. We are experimenting with various oils. Next week is coconut. We will report back!
Stayingsassy.com is an online magazine for women over 45.

JustJennyFromTheBlog

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2017, 04:18:23 AM »
I really wish I had taken care of my skin in my 20's. I only started in my late 30's! I'm now in my 40's and take skincare very seriously. (Scared of visible ageing!)

I use Vichy moisturiser and Dr Organic as they are effective and have no nasties in them. A sheet or silicone collagen face mask at least once a week is good too. Body cream after showering or bathing is necessary. I have all sorts of aesthetics, but I don't think they are necessary in your 20's unless you do actually have wrinkles! Natural looking lip fillers are nice though. The key is a good skincare regime morning and night and a high SPF/UVB/UVA protector at all times during the day. An oxidating foundation containing SPF is good for the skin, I use Vichy Dermablend. Mineral make up is also good for the skin. I used Fresh Minerals. I even changed my hair dye as it was too harsh and killing my hair! I now use Naturtint from Holland and Barrett. It's cruelty free, environmentally friendly and natural.  Choosing paraben free products is always a good idea.  Normally if they are not tested on animals, they won't contain any nasty chemicals. Also microneedling is really good for the skin and mesotherapy. Getting nutrients deep into the skin and creating collagen and elastine.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 04:59:48 AM by SilverCrown »
  • Complexion: Combination
  • Eyes: Hazel/Green
  • Hair: Brunette, fine, straight.
UK Beauty & Aesthetics blogger over 40. Confidence not vanity. Keeping it real. Natural look aesthetics. Cruelty free products. Natural/organic products. Responsible advice. Ethical Blogger.

JustJennyFromTheBlog

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2017, 04:53:23 AM »
Also take a collagen supplement daily plus vitamins and minerals.  You can get marine collagen tablets from Holland & Barrett which are reasonably priced. Also I have tried collagen drinks - skinaid - collagen shots and absolute collagen.  Good for skin, hair and bones too.
  • Complexion: Combination
  • Eyes: Hazel/Green
  • Hair: Brunette, fine, straight.
UK Beauty & Aesthetics blogger over 40. Confidence not vanity. Keeping it real. Natural look aesthetics. Cruelty free products. Natural/organic products. Responsible advice. Ethical Blogger.