News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: how have your make up choices changed, as you have aged?  (Read 1363 times)

milla

• Ageless Beauty
Re: how have your make up choices changed, as you have aged?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 03:22:05 PM »
I think everybody is into eyebrows these days. I just use a pencil with a brush by Kevyn Aucoin. Perhaps we should start a topic on eyebrow products?

SilverCrown

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 06:32:54 AM »
I'd be interested in a topic about eyebrows that includes products and techniques. My vision isn't very good so I'm dependent on hiring someone to wax my eyebrows. The woman I currently visit does a nice job of cleaning mine up but, honestly, I see no difference. I feel like maybe I should try having them threaded so that some shape can be introduced to them? But I don't know enough about threading to know if that's the way to go.
-SilverCrown

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 11:09:00 AM »
Life-long all I've done is pluck stray hairs. I never went for the ultra-thin brow look that was prevalent in earlier times. I like my natural brows, the darkness and width that they are. However, I do fill them in now with a tiny MAC brow kit that I've had for 10 years. If one is not sure about what to do with brows then going to a professional is a great start, and ask for a NATURAL look - otherwise they might take too much off, or make one look not like oneself. That said, a bit of attention to the brows makes a huge difference as we age. All too many people pile on the eye makeup and wonder why it's all still looking "off" as they are minus the very real face and eye-framing effects of a bit of attention to the brows can make. Once one does the latter, one often doesn't need anywhere near as much eye makeup, and can get away with nice neutral looks. I'll be running out of my little kit sometime in the next few months, but there are just a ton of brow products out there. I just want to find a kit that's little that I can pop into my small makeup bag. The kit that I have has long been discontinued.:(

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 02:14:18 PM »
Well, I think it is time to start a topic on eyebrows  :wink:

JustJennyFromTheBlog

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 07:36:40 AM »
I actually wear more now! I never used foundation before, now I use Vichy Dermablend as it covers, treats and lets the skin breathe. I use peachy blusher, powder bronzer to and highlighter chisle my cheekbones, I also use highlighter under the outside of my brows and down the middle of my nose. I have to use an eyeshadow primer. I have a light colour on the lid and then define the eye socket with brown and a darker brown on the corner of the lid blended into the socket. I go slightly above the socket to make lids look bigger. I use a small line of black or brown liquid liner on the top lid only, no wing. Mascara top and bottom lashes, black or brown. I have tattooed on brows, lip liner and eyeliner, so I don't use a lip liner, bottom lid liner or brow pencil. I do go over my brow with a little bit of dark brow powder. I only use nude or natural pink lipstick as red makes me look ridiculous! I have a good set of brushes and blenders. I top up my foundation with the sponge blender throughout the evening as my skin is oily! I use fresh minerals powders as they are good for the skin. My children say I look totally different with make up! I try not to look too made up though!
When I was younger I only used concealer, powder, eyeshadow, mascara and lippy!  I have a bit of a routine now, so I only wear make up when I go out, out!  :lol:
  • Complexion: Combination
  • Eyes: Hazel/Green
  • Hair: Brunette, fine, straight.
UK Beauty & Aesthetics blogger over 40. Confidence not vanity. Keeping it real. Natural look aesthetics. Cruelty free products. Natural/organic products. Responsible advice. Ethical Blogger.