News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: The Olympics!  (Read 622 times)

milla

• Ageless Beauty
The Olympics!
« on: August 06, 2016, 02:59:41 AM »
I am so excited about the games, one of my ex-pupils is competing in the 100metres and the relay! Friday 12th and Thurs18th I shall be glued to the telly! Her mother is also a teacher  and a friend;I have worked with her and so has my DH!!!!!

jaerae

Re: The Olympics!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 03:32:22 AM »
not entirely sure which sport you are speaking of as multiple things come to mind

both my parents were teachers. dad had some of his basketball players (men) go professional but do not know from all his other coaching experiences otherwise that anyone went to olympics

jaerae

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 11:24:30 PM »
so what is everyone watching? i have added diving, equestrian, gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, synchronized swimming, and trampoline medal days to my calendar

http://www.nbcolympics.com/full-schedule

@ milla if you tell me which event i will watch too

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 09:53:31 AM »
It is the women's 100 metres on Friday12th  and the 4x100metres women's relay on Thurs.18th and her name is Asha Philip. Can't wait.

Angelcat47

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 03:20:25 PM »
I only watch gymnastics...I am more of a Winter Olympics fan. I watch almost all events but singles and pairs ice skating and luge are my favorites.
  • Complexion: Light skintone,oily and somewhat sensitive
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Medium brown with blonde highlights

StrongAndTough1214

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 09:40:15 PM »
I love the Summer Olympics. My husband is not really into it at all. However, I like to watch it and keep up with the latest news about the athletes and many of the events. My favorite sport to watch is probably the Track & Field which is not on yet as well as the Diving, Swimming, and Gymnastics. There are other sports I enjoy watching but these are my favorites.

I also like to hear the inspiring stories of many of the athletes prior to coming to the Olympics.

jaerae

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 05:37:38 AM »
have not been able to watch live or replay but have watched clips. getting perturbed with having to watch a commercial with each and every 3 minutes at most clip. i use an ad blocker most always and i do not use flash so was happy to find any small solution (disable ad blocker at site) to be able to watch anything period. ridiculous you must have a paid tv service to watch an antenna channel. but i am in mountains and you need paid tv service for any hope of tv at all

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 09:27:50 AM »
Well, well…our girl and her mates won Bronze!!! I am so chuffed.
http://www.skysports.com/olympics/news/15234/10544201/dina-asher-smith-asha-philip-desiree-and-daryll-neita-win-bronze-in-4x100m
Congratulations to the US on a brilliant win!