News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Undereye wrinkles what works??  (Read 442 times)

MFerguson1

Undereye wrinkles what works??
« on: October 05, 2016, 10:13:32 PM »
I am 45 and have fairly good skin for my age, but I feel the wrinkles and bags under my eyes really age me.  I have tried products here and there without seeing much improvement. I am not expecting a miracle, but wondered if any others have products they have used that actually help reduce the look of wrinkles in this area.  Thanks!

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Undereye wrinkles what works??
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 07:44:44 AM »
I am just about to embark on using diluted Retin-A in this area to see if it helps with fine wrinkles. I'll keep you posted!

And, welcome to TTB!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

loridori4

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 09:22:13 AM »
I make a dupe of Skinceuticals C&E with ferulic serum. I really like it. It's not an INSTANT fix, but over a few weeks you can see the difference. Best advice is to snap a pic and then snap a pic a few weeks later.

There are products that temporarily smooth the wrinkles and puffiness. I've tried Jeunesse instantly ageless (sold in a package of little vials)and Skinny Body Cares equivalent in a jar. SBC's burns a little at first. It's not really comfy to wear this. Feels like a tight mask under your eyes. If you apply water or wet makeup over it the effect is gone. So you have to use minerals over it.

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 11:45:35 AM »
I would love to get rid of The Bags, but I am a bit scared of using anything too strong around my eyes, so it is cucumber slices or green tea bags for me...

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 02:04:59 PM »
I am just about to embark on using diluted Retin-A in this area to see if it helps with fine wrinkles. I'll keep you posted!

And, welcome to TTB!

Well, I see I changed my mind about this, sort of. Instead of using Retin-A out of a tube and diluted with moisturizer, I decided to give Curology a try. It's only been three nights so the jury is still out but I can say that I apply it around my eyes with no ill effects. It doesn't migrate into my eyes or sting or anything like that.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 02:22:51 PM »
Curology has Retin-A(aka tretinoin)as part of the formula. Best of luck! I layer CeraVe PM over that a half-hour after applying, and then a little Aquaphor to seal it all in. When I saw somewhere that Aquaphor can help one tolerate Rx, I thought it was worth a try. It also really helped take down an irritation from a wrong product before I got onto Curology back in March 2015. I'm so happy with the Curology - I'll never be without it as it's done way more good than anything else as an active combo! However, along the way, I was very cautious, just using 3 nights a week to begin with with my initial prescription, then gradually increasing frequency. Once one can use nightly for awhile, the prescription can be upped. Mine was upped last year, and may be again in a few months.

denisiel

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 09:12:39 AM »
For treatment, I use either tretinoin or an OTC retinol (on the eyelid as well) at night.  Before makeup, to make the area appear less wrinkly and discolored, I use a very rich cream with hyaluronic acid and maybe a drop of jojoba oil on damp skin, let them absorb for 10 minutes, wipe off the excess then apply a sunscreen.  Then use Giorgio Armani Master Corrector in #2 just on the dark area, followed on top by a light enhancing product such as Clinique Airbrush or YSL Touch Eclat.

To depuff bags and the face in general, do eye massage such as Tanaka massage to induce drainage - this really works well.