News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Trying New Things  (Read 620 times)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Trying New Things
« on: October 14, 2016, 10:57:01 PM »
Trying new things. Anyone heard of this:

http://www.sephora.com/power-couple-duo-total-transformation-kit-P402718?skuId=1739192&icid2=sundayriley_lp_bestsellers_carousel1:p402718

I did last year but the hype was so huge that I decided to wait out the wave.  This year Sephora has a set and thought I would give a try.  I am also trying a new toner..toners...witch hazel with rose. One from Amazon - Thayers - and the other one is this one:

http://www.sephora.com/witch-hazel-herbal-extract-toner-P394632?skuId=1686344&icid2=products%20grid:p394632

Also, from Amazon is Tosowoong Enzyme Powder wash. I am trying this for the first time since the one I have is a bit overpriced.

I have to refine my new skincare regime soon...
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

milla

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Trying New Things
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 06:50:41 AM »
I am not trying new products, but new habits.  I don’t have noticeable wrinkles in my neck but I have a few wrinkles in my chest; although I don’t go for plunging necklines I decided something needs to be done about this  :lol:, so I am trying to sleep on my back! It is not as easy as it sounds. I have always slept on my side, snuggled up in a foetal position. Apparently this is terrible for you décolleté.

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 08:31:49 AM »
The only new skin care product that I've added to my Rx and drugstore(CeraVe and Cetaphil)products combo in the last 6 months or so is a Vitamin C serum that I can tolerate. In the past I had tried several, and either they irritated me or made me break out(and I'm NOT acne-prone whatsoever). I went with Timeless Skincare Hyaluronic serum with 5% Vitamin C to ease in - excellent starter product and very hydrating under my other stuff. I was on that for a little while, and then started working in CSI Youth Serum(12% Vitamin C in the form of L-ascorbic acid) until I was using that every morning under my other stuff. Another excellent product, and so reasonably-priced too - just a little over $16 at Vitacost, the online retailer where I get some of my supplements. CSI is their house brand. I had found out about it on MUA. The serum has just two ingredients - the C, and butylene glycol. At first I wasn't too sure about that latter ingredient, but my skin seems to be fine with it. The addition of a C serum to my whole routine I think is making a difference - my provider at Curology(used to be PocketDerm where I get my Rx)has totally approved of my whole routine and cautious approach. A lot of things have really faded on my face - even one very dark spot has started to fade and a bunch of others that weren't as dark are either noticeably lighter, or gone altogether. Very happy about that, as the spots were the thing really spoiling my skin which is otherwise pretty good for someone as old as I am.

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 01:23:59 PM »
Cara4art, I just posted elsewhere that, in large part due to your experience and recommendation, I just started using Curology and really like it!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 02:26:48 PM »
@Styyna: I saw that other message. Go slow with the Curology - it's still Rx. 3 nights to start, then work up. Also, with my earlier message about the Vitamin C serum use, I just use the serum in the AM underneath Cetaphil Cream topped with CeraVe AM SPF30. The Curology anti-aging formula has Vitamin C as well as niacinamide in it. So now I'm getting some form of Vitamin C twice daily on my skin.:) Again, best of luck!:)

denisiel

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 02:51:07 AM »
I tried the Sunday Riley Luna Oil and it's a nice gentle retinol that hydrates.  I will try the Good Genes when the Sephora VIB sale starts in November.  If you like oils, the Sunday Riley Juno Oil is very nice, very overpriced but I find it moisturizing and plumping with lots of antioxidants.  I think all the SR products are very good yet they are overpriced if you know how to DIY oils.  I am not a DIY person so am willing to buy her products.

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 03:18:35 PM »
Thank you for the info, Denisiel. I know what you mean about the DIY. I do some DIY and rather enjoy them but with orchids taking more of my time, I just can't do DIY projects as much I used to so I don't mind paying for the price for now, too.  :)

BeautyBarbara

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 09:48:22 PM »
Uppiesbeads59 on youtube uses this and she has some great reviews about them!
  • Complexion: Normal
  • Hair: Dark Brown

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 09:47:50 AM »
Uppiesbeads59 on youtube uses this and she has some great reviews about them!
I'll have to check it out. Thank you, Barbara!

denisiel

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 09:52:48 AM »
I tried the Sunday Riley Luna Oil and it's a nice gentle retinol that hydrates.  I will try the Good Genes when the Sephora VIB sale starts in November.  If you like oils, the Sunday Riley Juno Oil is very nice, very overpriced but I find it moisturizing and plumping with lots of antioxidants.  I think all the SR products are very good yet they are overpriced if you know how to DIY oils.  I am not a DIY person so am willing to buy her products.

Quick update: Good Genes is very nice, it exfoliates without irritation.  I would not repurchase Luna Oil as I feel there are other products just as effective but less expensive. I am almost out of the Juno Oil and am considering whether to repurchase or go for Vitner's Daughter but that is so pricey I don't even want to like it, LOL!

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 06:23:35 AM »
I am not a DIY person so am willing to buy her products.

I have accepted that I'm not a DIY'er either. And I accept that, within reason, I appreciate the textures, presentation, and fragrance (usually) of more expensive products and so am willing to pay a bit more for them. I am more regular in my use and application of my skincare products when I feel pampered by them.

I have only heard here and there about Sunday Riley products and not at all about Vitner's Daughter. Perhaps I need to learn more about them!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart