News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Accessories  (Read 1490 times)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Accessories
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 12:32:09 PM »
Oooo...those earrings would have been way out of my comfort zone except that you like them so then I took a second look and saw a couple that I liked. Thinking about them on you, with your love of intense color, I definitely would be intrigued. Do tell if you try a pair!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusanG

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 05:41:47 PM »
ILLucy, I have a pair of glasses frames very similar to those: a dark tortoiseshell exterior with translucent teal interior. They're by Coach.Love 'em.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 04:57:36 AM by SusanG »
  • Complexion: Fair: MAC NC15, Ivory in Dior
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Natural light brown with a little silver, pixie cut

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2016, 02:58:05 AM »
the earrings: I have seen them in the store and they look better than in the website, where you could be deceived to imagine them just as a few bits of plastic tied together. They would look equally good with a black dress, or even with jeans and a sweater.

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2016, 04:36:09 PM »
I'm liking the earrings more and more....
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2016, 07:34:34 AM »
That style of earrings isn't for me but on the right person I'm sure they'd look great with sharp clothes. I lean more toward bold ethnic, or other richly textured jewelry, on the occasions I wear it that is. Day to day I just wear my three rings which include my wedding ring that my husband had that he sized down for me. It looks a bit like an Egyptian eye.:)

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2016, 09:28:47 AM »
Sounds interesting and unusual...

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2016, 02:26:46 PM »
...richly textured....

I associate this description with you, Cara. Texture and depth, original and one-of-a-kind seem to be words that describe your style to some extent. I like it a lot for you.

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2016, 04:22:24 PM »
@Styyna: Thanks!:) This is also why the usual style advice, and a lot of current ugly generic clothes really don't work for me. But I've never been much of a department store person, or mass-market stuff unless it was something very utilitarian like a layering t-shirt or something. Otherwise, I DO have to go further afield like the second-hand shops that I've basically been doing since my 20s. But you know, my way of doing things isn't all that uncommon among artists and other creatives anyway.:) My artwork is richly-detailed, while my home is simple(meaning I don't have a lot of stuff in general) with bohemian touches with the things I DO have. Anyone who tells me that I should just do some bland stuff, well, they just got a new one LOL! Runs out to buy a blue-violet lipstick today!:)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2016, 03:04:13 PM »
I think now I love to dressed people up rather than dressing myself up. I love those earrings from your link Milla and would probably buy a few but more than likely will not wear them.  :lol: I used to use the excuse that I ride public transportation and don't want to wear all kinds of jewelry.  Well, I drive to work and I still don't wear earrings or rings or any jewelry  (except my wedding ring).

I'm kinda boring now.  :grin:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2016, 03:28:35 PM »
You will never be boring, SusieQ. All those beautiful flowers that you manage to grow, the nail polish (what happened to the nail polish?).
 About those earrings: someone asked me yesterday if they were by Monica Vinader’s (an up and coming designer, please see below). I wish… they were not that expensive. Actually, Monica Vinader’s jewellery is lovely!
http://www.monicavinader.com/shop/earrings/sort-by/our-favourites

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2016, 03:38:38 PM »
You will never be boring, SusieQ. All those beautiful flowers that you manage to grow, the nail polish (what happened to the nail polish?).
 About those earrings: someone asked me yesterday if they were by Monica Vinader’s (an up and coming designer, please see below). I wish… they were not that expensive. Actually, Monica Vinader’s jewellery is lovely!
http://www.monicavinader.com/shop/earrings/sort-by/our-favourites
Oh, see. I forgot about nail polish. Bare nails for over a year now. See...boring. :lol: Oh..those earrings are soo beautiful.  Ok. I may be tempted to wear one of those but they are so expensive that I will continue to admire them from afar.  :grin:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2016, 04:24:35 PM »
You and me... :cry:

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2016, 03:09:08 PM »
Susie, I completely neglected my nails for a long time. And you know what? They were just fine as long as I kept them nicely trimmed and shaped.

Right now I'm having fun with gel manis and pedis. A gel pedi is good for 6 weeks and a gel mani lasts me 3 weeks. I'll probably have more through the holidays and then I'll go bare for a couple of months to let my nails and nail beds breathe.

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2016, 07:15:18 PM »
@Styyna: At first I was so glad to hear that you were just wearing no nail polish and going with neatly-trimmed nails. The latter is hardly neglect LOL! For me, au naturel forever on ANY of my nails! I've never been tempted since my early 20s(when I maybe wore it a couple times and disliked the feeling of anything on nails). I'll stick with makeup LOL!

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2016, 06:56:13 AM »
Cara - I agree that well-tended bare nails are quite attractive. However, I truly neglected my nails. My cuticles were a mess, I had hangnails all over the place - it wasn't pretty. Right now I'm having fun with nail polish colors but I don't think that it's healthy to wear polish endlessly. I'll be taking breaks and going bare, too.