News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Accessories  (Read 1484 times)

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Accessories
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2016, 09:18:39 AM »
@Styyna: Thanks for clarifying about the nails situation - in that case I can understand taking care. I know I hear of people having to deal with cuticles and all, but for some reason, life-long, I've never had trouble with mine, never had to "push them back" or trim them or anything. They've always been naturally-neat.
No, it's definitely NOT healthy to wear regular nail polish all the time. If people knew about the carcinogenic aspect of 3 of the main chemicals used in regular nail polish, they would stop using it right away. However, there are some smaller independent more natural nail polish brands that one can find at a good natural food store(or Googling)that are appealing to people who are health-conscious but would still like to have a little fun with their nails from time to time. One thing that's been helpful for me which I've really only started doing in the last few months at this very late date for hand care is applying the same stuff on the backs of them as I do face. Some spots are fading out and things are looking better.:)

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2016, 10:22:02 AM »
I wear nail polish very,  very rarely, maybe once a year if I am going to a wedding or something like that. There are some brands that are safer, the so-called 5 or even 7 free. In general nail polish does not agree with my nails: they are quite brittle (but they seem to have improved a little since I started taking calcium on a daily basis). It  makes sense to look after your hands. I don't apply hand cream during the day, as I dislike the greasy feeling, but I massage it  religiously every night. A couple of times a week give my nails a massage with warm olive oil. I can thoroughly recommend this if you have dry cuticles.

thelmabates

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2016, 01:53:39 AM »
My best friend just got back from a trip in Europe and got me a gift, these beautiful earrings made by Biamotti and she got a cool necklace + earrings set for herself. Any idea where I can find out how much these jewelry items cost? Thanks TTB <3

SilverCrown

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2016, 06:33:05 AM »
My best friend just got back from a trip in Europe and got me a gift, these beautiful earrings made by Biamotti and she got a cool necklace + earrings set for herself. Any idea where I can find out how much these jewelry items cost? Thanks TTB <3

Hi Thelmabates and welcome to TTB!

You might want to Google Biamotti and you should find a link to their site. Since new members are prohibited from posting links in their first 10 posts, I am not including a link at this time.
-SilverCrown