News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Smooth lips?  (Read 433 times)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Smooth lips?
« on: October 22, 2016, 10:33:27 AM »
Please share your tips for exfoliating and maintaining smooth lips. As cooler, drier weather sets in I find my lips getting drier and more chapped. I also have fine lines around my lips and any tips for minimizing them would be appreciated, too.

I just purchased some new pink lipsticks and I'd like them to look as pretty as possible. I selected moisturizing lipsticks but even those require smooth lips to start.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Smooth lips?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 02:44:40 PM »
Plain old toothbrush followed by applying Aquaphor(but NOT their "lip repair" product)at night. I do this always. The Curology Rx should help with lip lines over time. That part isn't a quick fix though. But the toothbrush(brush the dry lips)followed by Aquaphor will really help the lips themselves. EVERY night.:) Some people use a little DIY scrub - mix a little sugar with a little olive oil and scrub.

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 04:58:32 AM »
I was going to say a paste of olive oil and brown sugar, but Cara beat me to it :)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 11:49:30 AM »
Thanks Cara and Milla! I will try both methods.
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 02:20:50 PM »
I agree with the toothbrush method - no need for expensive products! I apply a thick coat of Vaseline first, let that sit a bit, and then brush gently. If I am in the shower I might use my washcloth instead. It's just rough enough to remove dry skin.

Whatever you do, I agree that it has to be done almost every day. Good luck!
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

denisiel

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 05:39:03 AM »
I like sugar and olive oil as a scrub, followed by Nuxe lipbalm or Bag Balm. 

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 02:17:56 PM »
I've been apply Aquaphor in the evening right after I wash my face. I let it sink in while I give my face 30 minutes to dry. Then I use a toothbrush to gently exfoliate my lips, apply my night cream to my face, and put another coat of Aquaphor on my lips. It's working very well for me! So thanks everyone for the tips!