News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: What I have made  (Read 199 times)

milla

• Ageless Beauty
What I have made
« on: December 03, 2016, 08:45:35 AM »
Made this blouse with fabric bought in a market stall. The brooch is vintage (70s), found in a charity shop. Looks like a Trifari, but it is a lesser known, British brand. In the third picture you can see the fabric and the brooch in detail.

SusanG

• Platinum Member
Re: What I have made
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 12:05:09 AM »
Great work, milla! It looks very professional. Love the brooch, too. I've become interested in vintage jewellery over the past year, particularly silver-toned Monet.
  • Complexion: Fair: MAC NC15, Ivory in Dior
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Natural light brown with a little silver, pixie cut

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 05:00:11 AM »
Oooh! I have got a Monet brooch but it is gold and black! I look for vintage jewellery in charity shops and, occasionally, in street markets. Never spend a lot of money because I don’t really know a lot about vintage. The blouse is OK; it was not very difficult to make,  except that the instructions for the neck and the ties were a bit confusing. I made the button holes by hand because I am scared of using the button hole  whatdoyoucallit in the sewing machine !  The fabric is viscose and it drapes very well.  It only cost me £5 (that is just over $6); I did not buy the buttons, as I found some nice ones in my button-box.

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 07:35:16 PM »
I love your blouse and brooch! You are so talented! What will you wear them with?
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 07:15:55 AM »
Black trousers, I think.  :)