News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Share a few things you have been loving......  (Read 433 times)

BeautyBarbara

• Gold Member
Share a few things you have been loving......
« on: December 10, 2016, 10:42:46 PM »
I watch a lot of youtube videos on skincare>  i.e. uppiesbeads59, (Tammy)  Nathaliethebeautydiva, Littlepoet, (Susan) and there are more....

Most recently started using  J. One Jelly Pack by Recipe
It's a multi-task gel that comes in a pump bottle.  You apply after cleansing and before makeup.  It has a thickness with some stickiness  like a primer but soaks right into your skin.  Provides a nice smooth base prior to makeup application with some firming but never with a tight feeling.  You can also wear it at night as a night mask. 
I reach for it every am before I put my makeup on.

Going to be starting a new Caviar Cleanser by Consult Beaute which I got from Evine Shopping Network.  It's a dual tasker again - skin cleansing/preparatory facial gel.  It's supposed to effortlessly clean the skin, remove makeup dirt and oil from the face and neck.  Gentle surfactants whisk away impurities which naturally occuring enzyme activity from the Lime Pearl Caviar expertly prepares the skin for superior absorption and delivery of anti-aging beauty treatments.

Also I've purchased the It's Skin 10 serums.  I rotate them and apply a serum each morning before the J. One Jelly Pack.

• Complexion: Normal
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Dark Brown

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Share a few things you have been loving......
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 08:23:24 AM »
Lipstick - shades of raspberry pink suit me best so I have 2 or 3. I've been taking good care of my lips, applying Aquaphor every night, so the lipsticks look their best.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 09:10:53 PM »
Riley Sunday's products and the Rice Cleanser that I found on Amazon. I'm in my 2nd bottle and have a backup waiting.  Also, I did buy one of these:

http://www.revlon.com/products/lips/lip-color/revlon-ultrahd-gellipcolor#309977862148||0 in Desert.  I really love it.
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Hair: Black w/waves

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 07:35:19 AM »
I have bought a Bourjois foundation as my Lancôme one was nearly finished and getting a bit gloopy. It is called Bourjois Healthy Mix and it is very good, I must say, for a £10 foundation. The Lancôme is over £30.

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 10:15:13 AM »
I have bought a Bourjois foundation as my Lancôme one was nearly finished and getting a bit gloopy. It is called Bourjois Healthy Mix and it is very good, I must say, for a £10 foundation. The Lancôme is over £30.
I've heard good things about Bourjois foundation.  I've been using Double Wear by Estee with a beauty blender and that seems to work really well.
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Amelia Brown

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 01:12:54 PM »
I use Vichi foundation for a dry skin and I like it.

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 02:09:31 PM »
I like the serum I bought from a company called Deciem. The serum is called Buffet (!!) and I think I can see a difference...but it might just be wishful thinking  :wink:
I have also bought a Chanel lipstick. Actually I did not buy it, I just used my points on my Boots card, which is a bit like Target in the US. The lipstick is from the Rouge Coco range and the shade is Marie.

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 03:25:41 PM »
I just looked up Rouge Coco in Marie and that's a lovely shade of pink! It's totally the right color for you and I bet it perks you right up to wear it.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 05:36:59 AM »
...and I have been wearing it everyday, even to the corner shop when I get the milk and the paper. There is nothing like a new lipstick to cheer you up. :wink: