News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Derma Rollers - anyone used them?  (Read 476 times)

hairl3ss

Derma Rollers - anyone used them?
« on: January 06, 2017, 05:59:13 AM »
Have any of you used derma rollers before?

It seems like people either hate them or consider them a godsend - any experience?

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Derma Rollers - anyone used them?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 09:19:43 AM »
Sorry. I've heard of this but have no experience, not even second-handed, to impart.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

silverstreak

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 06:57:45 AM »
Have any of you used derma rollers before?

It seems like people either hate them or consider them a godsend - any experience?

Didn't know anything about this so Goggled and read this https://intothegloss.com/2015/05/dermarolling-at-home/ and decided to give it a miss, I hate needles!!
  • Complexion: olive
  • Eyes: brown
  • Hair: white & grey, straight but coarse & thick.
silverstreak

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 02:14:55 PM »
Like SilverStreak, I did not know about this and I googled it. It sounds uncomfortable! I can cope with medical procedures involving needles and stuff, but I don't fancy the Derma Rollers :eek:

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 11:14:12 AM »
I had heard of this and had a general idea of what it entailed but hadn't read about it. After doing so my initial thoughts are confirmed and I have no desire to create micro-holes in my skin, leaving it open to infection. The molecules of the products that can be absorbed better than ever are probably bigger than bacteria and having a layer of skin laid open to bacteria isn't my cup of tea.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 12:58:27 PM »
Precisely. There are loads of nice skincare products, I don't fancy derma-rolling my face!

denisiel

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 04:27:54 AM »
Yes I use the Derminator at .05 mm setting.  Have been using it for a year and it makes a huge difference in plumpness (which I assume is from new collagen).  Of all my devices (ultrasound/sonic/Sqoom, microcurrent/Pico Toner, Baby Quasar, Iluminage Laser), needling is the one manual device that has made the biggest difference.  Highly recommend.

You have to be careful to sterilize the tool and your face and hands.  Also at .05mm some blood can be drawn.  At lower settings, no blood appears.  But you need at least .05mm length to stimulate collagen.  By the next day, your face looks almost normal.

Topicals (other than tretinoin and Vitamin C and some lighteners) do not do much other than plump the surface layers.  Devices actually stimulate collagen.

http://www.derminator.com/
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 04:34:24 AM by denisiel »

silverstreak

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 09:45:26 AM »
I think my use of vit E oil which also boosts collagen production is less painful and it seems to keep my skin "plumped" but I think that it is also thanks to the Monsia skincare products that I use.
  • Complexion: olive
  • Eyes: brown
  • Hair: white & grey, straight but coarse & thick.
silverstreak