News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: trying out a new range  (Read 216 times)

milla

• Ageless Beauty
trying out a new range
« on: January 09, 2017, 05:10:09 AM »
Has anyone used/heard of a company called Deciem? After reading raving reviews of a range of products called TheOrdinary, I decided to buy  a serum. At £12.70 it is their most expensive product (prices start at £4). What attracted me to this range, and I am not easily swayed by reviews, is that it appears to be a no-frills range, what you see is what you get. The only con is that I am used to buy ‘moisturizers’, ‘cleansers’ etc, and this range is just name after the main ingredient in the product; that is why I went for the serum! Would love to hear the opinion of people who are more experienced in ‘active ingredients’ such as retinol and AHAs!

silverstreak

• Silver Member
Re: trying out a new range
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 11:05:53 AM »
Is it the company that seems to sell a whole raft of brands under the Deciem label - The Abnormal Beauty Company ?
  • Complexion: olive
  • Eyes: brown
  • Hair: white & grey, straight but coarse & thick.
silverstreak

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 12:44:57 PM »
Yes, it is the Abnormal Beauty Company. The Ordinary range includes products like Advanced  Retinoid 2% (£8 for 30ml), Niacinamide + Zinc (£5 for 30ml). All the products are very affordable, but I am not sure how to use them. They do provide a help sheet, with suggestions on how to combine the products, but I am used to a 'name' on a bottle or a tube, eg moisturiser, day cream...when it is just a chemical/ingredient it confuses me...after all I am not a chemist. This is why I started with the Buffet serum! I bought it from a company called Victoria's Health; it has not arrived yet, they have dispatched it and apparently it takes up to 7 working days to arrive.  Ordering products on line is another first for me, as I have always bought everything in department stores, where you can have a look before buying. 
Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of them?

BeautyBarbara

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 09:47:22 PM »
Yes, I am trying their Vitamin C serum and their HAmoisturizer.  So far so good!  Good prices too!
  • Complexion: Normal
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Dark Brown