News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Dry scalp  (Read 1173 times)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Dry scalp
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 06:30:27 AM »
Thank you, Denisiel, for your recommendation! That product sounds like exactly what I need! I don't understand why it didn't come up when I searched for scalp treatments on Amazon since they carry it. Somehow I wasn't getting results from their "luxury" category I guess. As much as I spend on Amazon you'd think they'd be throwing everything at me by now! Thanks again. :)
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

silverstreak

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2017, 09:41:16 AM »
Thank you, thank you, just ordered for MH, poor lamb, he has been suffering with a very dry scalp!!!
  • Complexion: olive
  • Eyes: brown
  • Hair: white & grey, straight but coarse & thick.
silverstreak

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2017, 05:28:00 AM »
I haven't tried the Phyto scalp treatment yet so I'd love to hear how it works out. I have it on my wish list at Amazon but I had already gotten a different product that I used until warmer, more humid weather arrived and took care of most of my problem.
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 09:43:27 AM »
A cheap alternative...my son suffered from itchy dry scalp w/flakes and been using coconut oil.  I place a lot of oil all over his scalp and hair and been doing it for the last two months.  I treat his head and now mine, at least twice a week. I put the oil on and let is sit with plastic bag on our heads for 1/2 hour and shower it off.  It's been our thing now and let me tell you, his scalp is no longer dry and he has soft shiny hair - oh, yeah, me, too!

I hope the other products work for you all!
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2017, 01:47:59 PM »
My daughter loves coconut oil, too. I think it is worth a try.

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 05:51:06 AM »
Am I just a wuss? Coconut oil seems like it would be so messy and hard to wash out. I agree that it's probably good for hair and scalp but I don't want to mess with it. How much do you need to apply to see the benefits?