News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Hair Fall  (Read 628 times)

Juli Tejadilla

• Lover of beauty products
Hair Fall
« on: January 24, 2017, 08:54:37 AM »
I am Juli and 29 years old. I had delivery last year and have 1 half year baby now.

Since my delivery, i could notice lot of hair fall and now i can't even look at my hair - it has become so dry and could see my scalp when i comb, lost too much of hair.

Can anyone suggest some shampoo which works out well and reduce hair fall ?

Juli
  • Complexion: Fair
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Straight Black Hair
Regards,
Juli Tejadila
Portland, OR

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Hair Fall
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 03:11:40 PM »
Hi Juli and welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your hair loss. I think it's rather common to experience some hair loss after giving birth as your hormones readjust themselves. If you feel your hair loss is excessive, have you asked your doctor about it?

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with shampoos and conditioners that might fit your need. One caution though: if you are breastfeeding you will want to be careful about using some of the shampoos and conditioners that promote hair growth. Again, I'd ask your doctor about it. Good luck!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

silverstreak

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 07:13:02 AM »
I am Juli and 29 years old. I had delivery last year and have 1 half year baby now.

Since my delivery, i could notice lot of hair fall and now i can't even look at my hair - it has become so dry and could see my scalp when i comb, lost too much of hair.

Can anyone suggest some shampoo which works out well and reduce hair fall ?

Juli

Hi Juli
Welcome - is your baby a boy or a girl???

I agree with Styyna, your first step should be to see your Doctor. I am sure it is hormonal and will adjust very shortly.

In the meantime here is something you could ask him/her about : vit E oil http://www.livestrong.com/article/537418-how-to-rub-vitamin-e-on-the-scalp-to-promote-hair-growth/ I live in the UK & I buy this off amazon as liquid vit E oil. If your doctor approves then I am sure you will be able to find it in a health food store.
  • Complexion: olive
  • Eyes: brown
  • Hair: white & grey, straight but coarse & thick.
silverstreak

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 02:21:17 PM »
Hair loss is quite common after pregnancy, but if you are still experiencing it a year and a half after pregnancy, it would be advisable to talk to a doctor about it. Be prepared to be told that it will get better in time, though, and make sure that you ask them about a suitable product for your dry scalp. Are you having enough rest and eating a varied diet? A young baby is hard work. Do you think you could be a bit run down?

Juli Tejadilla

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 08:46:28 AM »
@silverstreak: hey its baby boy.. :)

@Styyna:

yes, have contacted my gynac and she suggested not to go with any medicine or hair growing shampoos, conditioners at the moment as I am still feeding my baby.

hopefully hairfall should stop once I stop feeding and plan for proper diet..

@milla: No dear, no proper diet.. most of the time goes in Office and rest of the time on taking care of baby.. so.. having my food at odd times effecting me.. have to plan my things back to normal, once kid is atleast 2 years old..

Thank you,
Juli
Regards,
Juli Tejadila
Portland, OR

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 09:56:14 AM »
Dear Juli, motherhood is not for the faint hearted, and I have two children with 18 months difference between them, but diet is non-negotiable. If you are pressed for time make sure you eat plenty of raw vegetables in salads, drink lots of water and snack on  nuts (almonds and brazils are very good for skin and hair) and fresh fruit.

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 08:19:43 AM »
Juli, I second Milla. If you're breastfeeding this is no time to short your own dietary needs. Milla has given you some great and easy ways to incorporate healthier foods into your current diet. Please take good care of yourself at this challenging time - don't wait until baby no longer breast feeds. You're too important.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

Juli Tejadilla

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 05:15:05 AM »
Yes, I will have to plan..
Regards,
Juli Tejadila
Portland, OR