News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Foundations that change colour  (Read 178 times)

milla

• Ageless Beauty
Foundations that change colour
« on: February 20, 2017, 10:45:26 AM »
Why is it that foundation always changes colour (or is it just my foundation?). I was so pleased with my last purchase, Bourjois Healthy Mix. The texture was perfect and the colour, Beige Foncé, was an excellent match…but now it has gone orangey and I don’t like it one bit. Bourjois is supposed to be owned by Chanel; the products are made in the same factory. But I have not had it very long and it has definitely changed. I am going away tomorrow and I would like to take a foundation. Even if I don’t wear a lot of make-up during the day, I like to dress up in the evening. What shall I do? Get another cheap foundation or go for something more ‘high-end’? Would it make a difference? I had planned not to go near the duty-free at the airport, but…

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Foundations that change colour
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 08:12:30 AM »
This is probably too late for your trip but...

Is your foundation turning in the bottle? Or is it turning after you've applied it? If the former, then it's bad foundation. If the latter, perhaps you could try a primer to provide a buffer between your skin and its chemistry and the foundation.

Hope you have a wonderful time!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart