News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Interesting TV programs?  (Read 644 times)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Interesting TV programs?
« on: February 25, 2017, 05:09:31 PM »
I enjoy knitting with television on in the background. During the US football season I'm a very happy camper. But now I'm looking for recommendations for shows that are available on Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu. I like being able to watch more than one episode at a time while knitting on weekends.

I recently watched The Crown and am currently working my way through the first season of This Is Us. I love NCIS (the original only) and have seen all episodes multiple times. I stay away from horror and gore - the autopsy scenes in NCIS aren't very realistic so I can deal with them.

I'm open to movie recommendations in addition to TV series. I have only seen 3-5 movies at theaters in the past 13 or 14 years so I should think there would be some good ones I haven't seen.

Would anyone like to make some recommendations? Please and thank you!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Interesting TV programs?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 09:04:03 AM »

I enjoyed The Crown as well.  There are several period programs out there now.  Two that I liked were: "Elizabeth" & "White Queen".   "Reign" is another one, but has a lot of drama & I didn't watch all of it.

• Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 08:55:07 AM »
I forgot to add!
I also like Orphan Black, & The Americans. (Both tv programs on Netflix or Amazon Prime).
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 10:46:37 AM »
Thanks for the recommendations - they all sound interesting!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 09:51:16 AM »
Because of work schedule, I haven't been watching too much TV.  I've been watching youtube videos while I charge down before going to bed.  I've been watching lots of DIY crafts and thinking of birthdays and yes, Christmas presents. More in making them a bit more personal. Thinking about the person's personality, favorite color, etc. This gives me plenty to get the materials I need to suit the recipient.  :lol:

But, will check out the ones mentioned here when I my schedule is back to normal.
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves