News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Shoes and accessories?  (Read 727 times)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Shoes and accessories?
« on: April 08, 2017, 06:26:51 PM »
Hi, I need help with ideas to accessorize this outfit. The pants are ankle length. I'm not good in heels more than an inch or so high either. Thanks in advance!

• Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

milla

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Shoes and accessories?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 04:31:29 AM »
That is a beautiful, soft and very elegant colour combination. How about pairing it with grey shoes?
Here are a few that seem quite comfortable. All selected from my favourite shop website. I have no idea if they ship to the US, probably not,  but you could look for similar styles there.
https://www.johnlewis.com/gabor-joan-wide-fit-cushioned-block-heeled-sandals-koala/p3128102
https://www.johnlewis.com/gabor-ariella-wide-cut-out-block-heeled-court-shoes-light-grey/p3164290
https://www.johnlewis.com/kin-by-john-lewis-hildur-elastic-ballet-pumps/p3088380?colour=Grey
https://www.johnlewis.com/gabor-acton-block-heeled-court-shoes/p3104132?colour=Stone Grey
Personally I don’t like to wear more than one accessory, unless I am wearing small stud earrings and then I can add something else. With this colour combination pearls would go well, but not very formal pearls, it would make the whole thing a bit boring; just a little pearl bracelet or some drop earrings. But better still, you could just go for a simple necklace.
Here some ideas:
A silver pendant:
https://www.johnlewis.com/nina-b-sterling-silver-double-feather-pendant-necklace-silver/p2983502

If you want to coordinate with the outfit:
https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-mixed-bead-necklace-pastel-pink-multi/p3166406
I love bracelets. I always feel that I can be a bit more adventurous with a bracelet. Having said that my two choices are very simple:
This is one I own (bought with some gift vouchers):
https://www.johnlewis.com/andea-sterling-silver-double-twist-half-bangle-silver/p2843178
This one is also lovely and wearable, as most pieces in this particular collection.
https://www.johnlewis.com/lola-rose-elladora-bracelet/p3186104?colour=Lime Jade
Again from my favourite department store, but you have beautiful jewellery in the US, these are just a few ideas.
Btw, I made a mistake in my last post: I said that I would be back May 2nd ;  what I meant was March 2nd, but I have been so busy I have not had time to post!
xoxo

ps: I have just re-read your post and noticed that the pants are ankle length. I am not sure that all the shoes I posted are the right, but I think the sandals would be ok. Can you wear wedges?

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 07:13:23 AM »
Milla, thank you!! You've provided more than I had hoped for and exactly what I most needed - inspiration along with pictures. I could see each of the pieces with my outfit and on me! Now that you've painted the picture for me it seems so easy but I honestly was drawing a blank about how to accessorize the outfit.

I'm also delighted to hear from you, plain and simple. I've been patiently waiting for May 2nd with images of you frolicking about on vacation with your daughter and/or husband in some lovely locale. Now I find out that you have been home a lot of the time but obviously very busy. I hope that it has been a good kind of busy. And I greatly appreciate that you took time to respond to my request. Thank you again! :)
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 09:42:19 AM »
Milla, come and be my outfit coordinator!  Those are lovely suggestions!  I think you are going to look quite lovely, Styyna! 
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 11:56:31 AM »
 :lol:Honestly! I am not that good. I had a nice time in Spain and I will tell you about it soon (tomorrow). I have been busy sorting out the house and the garden and I have also done some sewing.

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 06:09:38 AM »
I found a couple pair of shoes, neither of which is just perfect on my monitor but either of which might be just fine in person so I ordered both (I love free returns). I went with gray.

I've been less successful at finding a bracelet or necklace that I would like. I always wear stud earrings, seldom changing them, so I think one or the other would be nice. I like the idea of introducing a bit of pink and gray for interest. Perhaps an etsy seller could make something for me if I can't find just what I want.

You do have great style, Milla. Thanks again for such great ideas! Now, on to read about Spain!

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 10:22:18 AM »
Pink and grey is a lovely combination. I have a friend who makes her own jewellery to complement her outfits. Have you thought of making your own earrings? I have made some years ago, and I still have some tools, but nowadays I prefer knitting and sewing  :)  Etsy sounds a good idea!

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 11:10:04 AM »
I've never tried making jewelry and I'm a bit reluctant to take on another craft. I tend to go all in when I start something new. I think I'll stick to my knitting and the other craft that I have been getting ready to learn - quilting. I have heaps of fabric for quilting and tools of the craft. I recently located a teacher so sometime this year I intend to give it a whirl.

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 08:19:43 AM »
I love the outfit, Styyna! And I really like Milla's suggestions.  (I clicked on every link  :grin:). I think the only shoe I would not wear would be the narrower black pair.
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 11:42:50 AM »
Thanks, ILuvLucy! I went with a gray, chunky-heeled sandal and I'm still looking for the right jewelry. The sandal is very much like one that Milla recommended! I'm looking forward to wearing the outfit for the first time later this week. :)