News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Where to (re)start?  (Read 722 times)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Where to (re)start?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2017, 09:23:23 PM »
Thanks again, Cara. Friday is the big day. I'll be in the big city with department stores that have cosmetics counters. I'm aware of the importance of natural light and always head for a door to the outside to inspect it before purchasing makeup. And in our new home my vanity is in front of a window so that's covered, too. I just had highlights put in my hair (hides the gray) today so I'll be a new woman after this weekend!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 11:02:44 AM »
That all sounds very exciting! have fun.

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 10:58:00 AM »
Highlights are fun. I haven't been inside a hair salon for over a year.  I've been cutting my own hair and coloring it, too.  My money now goes to my orchids.  :lol:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2017, 07:11:35 AM »
You're just a very capable person, SusieQ! I am all thumbs when it comes to my hair so I'm dependent upon a good stylist and colorist and a short style that is practically wash and go.

My planned outing to find a new lipstick didn't happen last week. But I have another chance coming up next week. My DH's car needs more attention and I will take it up, get a loaner car, and have a free day in the city during which I intend to see if I can't get a makeover. I'm pretty single-minded about this so it should happen.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2017, 10:31:57 AM »
Sounds like you will have a fun day!  Looking forward to hearing about your outing!
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves