News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Sephora is offering free shipping for $10/year....  (Read 186 times)

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
Sephora is offering free shipping for $10/year....
« on: May 20, 2017, 05:58:42 PM »
Well,  I guess it's not really free then, is it?!
Anyway, it's a $10 charge & you get free shipping on all your orders - no minimum purchase.  U.S. Only (sorry!).
I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it for me.  There are a few staples that I usually get at Sephora, &  it would save me a trip to the mall where I am usually tempted to buy other things.
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Sephora is offering free shipping for $10/year....
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 05:44:37 AM »
There was a time when I would have jumped on this but now I find that I'm less likely to order makeup and related beauty products online. I want to see and touch products before I buy if at all possible. That is probably the result of living for 12 years in a village so remote that ordering cosmetics online was the only way to get new things more than once a year.

Besides being a good deal for regular customers it's a shrewd move on Sephora's part. Once people have "invested" their $10 they will want to maximize it and will be more likely to place orders. I don't know what their shipping was like before (it's been a long time since I ordered from Sephora) but I presume people will react as I have done to Amazon's Prime program. Knowing that I don't have to pay additional shipping charges makes it very easy to place an order for just one or two items at a time. Several orders of just one or two items add up in a hurry.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Sephora is offering free shipping for $10/year....
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 09:33:42 AM »
I had thought about this but too much temptations and don't really need anything.  :)
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves