News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: BoxyCharm  (Read 238 times)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
BoxyCharm
« on: May 25, 2017, 09:56:50 AM »
Anyone subscribe to this monthly makeup box?  I've been on the fence for over two years and may try it.  I don't really need anything but it would be nice to try something new a month and not have to go a store like Sephora and get tempted.  It's $21 if you want to pay monthly and less if you opt for a longer period when you sign up.  I may try a six-month subscription and it's $19 a month.  A friend at work subscribes to it and she loves it. She receives 4-5 full size products and usually the entire box cost over $100.
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: BoxyCharm
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 05:16:25 AM »
I haven't been tempted by monthly box subscriptions yet. Based on my understanding, one receives a box of random beauty products that, while they might cost a lot more if purchased at regular retail, may or may not be useful. I have tons of makeup from my errant ways of years ago and don't need to add to the pile of "good stuff" that I can't find good homes for. If you subscribe, though, I'd love to hear what you get!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 10:02:07 AM »
I hear you. I've subscribed but on a waitlist.  :lol: It's $19 a month for six months.  Each time I hit Sephora, I end up buying makeup and skincare for more than I really want to pay.  I can share my box with family and only spend $19 a month. Also, I would have to think twice about buying any makeup elsewhere.

Yes, once I receive my first box, I will post here with pictures.  :grin:

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 11:15:13 AM »
Not a box of any type subscriber here either. I'm VERY fussy about what I buy and want to have in my life. The idea of random stuff selected for me in a box showing up each month is the last thing I want cluttering up my life. Plus those subscriptions really add up - I'm on a fixed income so I have to be ever-vigilant about what I get into.

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 11:15:11 AM »
We all have reasons for subscribing for boxes these days. I have two subscriptions. One is called The Love of Food. They are very healthy snacks that I can give my son and this box gives a child a meal each time I receive a box.  The boxycharm is purely selfishness. I know that I won't like all the products in the box and will be able to give them to my nieces.  I don't get to see them as often but now I may be able to see more of them each month when this box shows up on my doorstep. They love makeup and it's one thing that still keep the line of communication open. For $19 a month and able to see my nieces...well, I would pay more...it's a pretty darn great price to pay. 

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 06:26:45 AM »
SusieQ, I think it's great that you can share with your nieces like that. And, yes, that makes the cost of the products a real bargain!

I've tried to interest my nieces in some of my overflow beauty products but they're just not that into it. I have lots of high end makeup (powder products for the most part) that I no longer want and would love to donate to them but they seem to be quite content with their drugstore products which is fine, too. Maybe it's best not to tempt them to buy more expensive products.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 11:44:48 AM »
It always nice to see my nieces and always fun talking about many things aside from makeup after a while. Kids grow up so fast...