News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Ladies please help me choose good anti-aging products  (Read 1082 times)

nadia28

Ladies please help me choose good anti-aging products
« on: May 26, 2017, 04:05:13 PM »
What do you use and why? Thank you
  • Complexion: petite
  • Eyes: hazel
  • Hair: black

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Ladies please help me choose good anti-aging products
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 05:25:27 AM »
Hi Nadia28 and welcome!

Can you say a bit more about what kind of skin you have and what you want to achieve with anti-aging products?

For starters, sunscreen is the most important anti-aginig product. It won't repair damage but it will prevent future damage.

Are you trying to repair damage? Or are you more focused on damage prevention? There are a number of different products used by members here, based on their unique needs, and I'm sure that with some more information you will get more responses!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

nadia28

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 11:47:24 AM »
Thank you for the advice. I am actually trying to find something good for my mom, make a nice present for her. Her skin is oily and she is 65. Don't know anything about skincare products, barely use it for myself, so any tips will help me choose. I was thinking to get her a set (day creme, night creme, serum and sunscreen).

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 05:30:14 AM »
I may be replying too late here. If so, I apologize.

You might want to take a look at Paula's Choice products on her website. She has a range of products for all skin types and concerns. They are fairly "clean" in that she identifies her ingredients and the purpose of each product. I think you could probably find some things that fit your mother's needs there.

Good luck and post back if you need more help.
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

rbrill18

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 08:53:57 AM »
Ingredients like retinol and glycolic acid work great for anti aging. Someone once explained to me how the 2 work together as: imagine a push pop icee, retinol is what pushes everything like dead skin cells and impurities to the surface of the skin and glycolic acid sloughs it all off.
Retinol is the best ingredient to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Be careful to only use it in the night, retinol can cause sensitivity to the sun. Always apply a sunscreen every day.

I hope this helps!

nadia28

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 05:21:07 PM »
Thank you guys for your advices. I am reading a lot of information about skin and skin products now, got really interested:) Found out that I personally have a combination skin and decided to change my daily routine completely. The only "fancy" staff I was using for my face, Korean masks that you can buy on amazon 8$ for 15 pieces, pretty affordable:) My friend from Germany recommended me to get some mf3 serum, she says it really works. First time I hear about it, so researching now. The only thing I know that it is a Swiss product. May be you guys heard anything about it? Thank you Styyna, will definitely check the ingredients!!!

nadia28

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 12:09:27 PM »
Hi ladies, happy to announce you that I finally made a decision on choosing the anti-aging products line for my mom. I did go with my friend's advise because she insisted that it was  a great product, I am talking about MF3. What I found out was that this company was founded in 1980s in Switzerland and they offer anti-aging dietary supplements and skincare products that are based on botanical and placental extracts. It is a brand that supposedly works well for both men and women over 40. I ordered both night and day serums and also corrector (for reducing dark spots). This is the information that is given on the website.

"Melasma DNA Corrector is a high-precision, roll-on-concentrate applicator for visible dark spot reduction. This highly concentrated corrector provides a unique, deep-down action on the two origins of dark spots and aging pigments: melanin synthesis and lipofuscin formation.
Designed as the ultimate regulator of hyper-pigmentation, the spot-reducing ingredients – Liquorice extract, Di-potassium Glycyrrhizate, Stable Vitamin C and Hexylresorcinol – in this extraordinary Melasma DNA Corrector actively decreases melanin synthesis, whereas a generous supply of micro-encapsulated Olive extract potently blocks the formation of lipofuscin (aging pigments), a correctable defect of visible cellular waste deposits caused by constant exposure to the sun and premature aging."

Well, I don't want to say anything more. We received all three products yesterday and my mom tried the night serum the same day. She said the texture is really nice, she didn't have any stickiness after. I will let you all know about the results when I see them:) My mom is really excited and she is sure it is going to work because these products are expensive. And to my mom's opinion, everything that costs a lot, should work. We will see about that. Other than that thank you all for advices and hope I will have good news for all that are interested and were looking for anti-aging products.

Somya Patel

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 01:44:24 AM »
You have to start using Pure Shea Butter, it contains powerful ingredient with anti-aging benefits and revitalizes, renews and repairs the skin. And most important all the products are 100% natural. Also for Oily, Dry and Acne prone skin, you must check out other products. Visit here URL REMOVED BY MODERATOR
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 10:49:06 AM by SilverCrown »

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 11:00:54 AM »
Nadia28, I hope you will let us know how the products work for your mother. It's always good to learn about new (to me) products if they work as advertised.

nadia28

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 04:05:46 PM »
I definitely will, so far so good. She is really determined this time. Didn't miss a day yet:) She uses the day serum after morning routine and night serum and corrector before going to bed. Btw ladies if somebody got interested in the product. The official site does not provide delivery to US for some reason, but there are certified retailers here, where I actually purchased the products.

nadia28

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 01:25:21 PM »
Ok Ladies, its been couple of weeks since my mom is using the products and to my surprise I really can see the difference. It is very smooth and soft, looks fresh and healthier than it was before. Will make some pictures today and will post them tomorrow. Cannot tell you that all wrinkles disappeared, it would not be the truth, but I definitely see changes. The company has dietary supplements too, they are completely natural, they are supposed to empower your body and make the aging process slower. Sounds like a miracle, but I am thinking to try them for couple of months and see what is going to happen. My mom has diabetes and high blood pressure and in general when she turned 60 she started to not feel well very often, bad mood, no power, no appetite and some kind of depression because she could not do staff that she used to do including her job. I bought her vitamin complex and she also takes vitamin B complex, well it doesn't hurt to try something else.

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 03:00:09 AM »
Glad that your mother is feeling better, you are such a caring daughter!