News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Front Yard - Almost Done  (Read 241 times)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Front Yard - Almost Done
« on: June 21, 2017, 08:49:35 PM »
It's been so warm that we laid down the three big rocks - upper left - and the little rocks covering most of the yard called "Ginger" and once it cools down a bit, I will do the some final design. Nothing fancy but something I want to add. And, also cover the black borders that you can see. The final strip is one that see a little bit of upper left next to the green strip and that will be a quick one.  I want to place two pots there and grow perennials.

It's been exhausting but DH did lots of the hard work. Bless him.  I haven't decided on what I want on the back but ideas are swirling in my head.  :lol:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

milla

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Front Yard - Almost Done
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 02:31:12 AM »
That is a  lovely design and it shows your creativity. I would love to replace the paving at the front of our house but let's say DH is not in the same frame of mind. Still we have changed our porch and windows and the flowers look nice (I will post a photo when I have the time to resize one!). Like you, I need to sort out the back garden as I have a border that is virtually empty; unlike you I am short of ideas and expertise!

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 11:10:52 AM »
Your front yard is very attractive! I can't begin to fathom how you and your husband were able to first conceptualize it and then implement it. The wavy lines are so smooth! I can't wait to learn what you decide to do with your back yard!

Our yard is almost exactly like it was when we bought the house except that there are a few more weeds that we just can't seem to stay ahead of. We have rock against the house all the way around so that we don't need gutters. A variety of perennials, mostly hosta and lilies, are planted in those rock gardens. I'm not great at getting out and weeding on a regular basis so I'm happy to live with rocks and perennials and grass.

Milla - I would love to see pictures of yours, too.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 04:15:24 AM »
A couple of pics of our new door and windows and our lovely hydrangea. as you can see the brickwork under the window needs painting; that will be the next in a list of jobs...

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 07:19:44 AM »
Milla, I love your door and windows and flowers! I love wooden doors and yours is not just very attractive but looks to be sturdy, too. Your hydrangea is exploding with beautiful blooms and your assortment of potted plants is just right for that space.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 12:23:55 PM »
Thank you! :)