News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink - Lover  (Read 348 times)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink - Lover
« on: August 08, 2017, 10:33:52 AM »
I thought this product deserved its own subject. I've had this lipstick for a month now and it's the only thing that I've been using.  If you have pigmented lips and leaning towards more mauve, this is the lipstick color for you. While it remains somewhat sticky during the day and only if you put your lips together, this does not budge at all. You can eat - greasy food included - and drink and this will not transfer. I put this on at about 7am and when I'm ready to take it off - usually around 8pm, it still look like it did at 7am.  I've turned many of my co-workers to it, including my mom.  There are other colors but this one is the one for me.  :heartthrob:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

milla

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink - Lover
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 11:07:46 AM »
Thank you for the review, SusieQ. I love lipsticks and glosses! Next time I go to the shops I have to look in the Maybelline counter.

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 04:53:55 PM »
Oh, this sounds like a great recommendation for me. I have pigmented lips and I'm always looking for colors that work well with them. Thanks, SusieQ!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 10:17:13 AM »
Some reviews are not good on this one. But, I love it. It stays somewhat sticky but only if you press your lips together.  I guess it takes a while for it to set but it stays put and you can kiss and drink and be merry all day and these will not come off until you take it off. I'll take the little bit of stickiness because I know the color will be there until I take it off. :)

It's perfect for work and a day with the girls!

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 10:44:12 AM »
Took a look at that line in the store - just wondering if they're planning to add more shades. Would love to see a couple of deeper, less pinky-neutrals. Lover looks way too pink for me and a little too light as well. I guess some people like this product but I've seen quite a few negative reviews elsewhere so I might skip this one.
 However, Maybelline has really been hitting it out of the park in their other lipstick lines like the Loaded Bolds, and the newer ones the Matte Metallics.:)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 11:30:50 AM by cara4art »

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 07:23:59 PM »
I've not looked at their metallic mattes but would love, too. Yes, there's mix reviews because it does take while to set but the way to get around that is by not applying too much.  What I mean by "set" is that if you put too much on, it will feel sticky on your lips when you press them together. There's that tackiness that many don't like. But, if you don't mind that or if find the right amount, this formula will stay on your lips until you take it off. Someone in youtube mentioned that they slept with this on and it did not transfer to her pillow and it still look great when she looked in the mirror. 

The collection is not big but it has a nice red one. If you like red and have a special night out, you should give this line a try. You can eat and drink and fall asleep and you don't have to worry about transfer. It's locked on once  you put it on! I do hope they come  up with more nudes. They only have one and it makes me look pale.  Lover is still my go to work lippie. It's on at 6:30am and still looks great at 8:30pm when I take it off. You can't beat that!

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 05:26:05 PM »
@SusieQ: Nope, Most reds don't entice me - I like more complex mid-to-deeper-toned neutrals, or the straight-up unusual, like purple or even rich green. For a red to entice me at all, it has to have some warmth and complexity to it - not too BRIGHT. That's not easy to find, in my experience. And NO pinks whatsoever.