News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 708 times)

Ally McBeagle

Hello!
« on: August 29, 2017, 04:32:56 PM »
Newbie here - found this site while perusing a Sephora conversation thread.  Am delighted to find a forum rather than just a beauty blog.

A little about me: 61 y/o, working outside the home [but counting down to retirement 6 yrs from now] married, grown son, no grandchildren but 2 grand furbabies, and one fur-daughter. I've had an interest in makeup forever (no pun intended) but wasn't allowed to wear until 16, lol. I like to stay current on all things fashion, makeup, skincare etc.and it's very frustrating that so much advertising is centered on 20-30 somethings.I still try a lot of products anyway - because you never know when you will find your HG.
  • Complexion: Fair, oily
  • Eyes: Green
  • Hair: Red, fine, thinning

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 06:16:24 AM »
Hi Ally!  :welcomepicture:

You have found a group of like-minded women! I, too, am 61 y/o though that will change in a week. I retired last year when my husband retired (we ran a small business) but, like you, I have no grandchildren. I have two sons, each with a dog that I dog sit for regularly, and my DH and I have a dog of our own.

I, too, wasn't allowed to wear makeup until I was 16 and even then it had to be very understated, a style choice that I continued to make into adulthood.

If you feel like it, please share about some of your favorite makeup and skincare products. As you say, you never know when you'll find your HG and I love recommendations based on personal experience.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 11:43:45 AM »
Hi and welcome, Ally! I am glad you found us. I am 65 and retired, with a son and a daughter and three grandchildren. I child-mind two of them one day a week;  soon it will be two days a week. A bit tiring but enjoyable nevertheless. Look forward to reading your posts on make-up, fashion and whatever else you feel like writing about!

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 07:26:52 PM »
 :welcomepicture: Hi Ally!  Welcome aboard the beauty cruise liner!  I agree...you have to try.  :blink:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves