News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: My late summer break  (Read 130 times)

milla

• Ageless Beauty
My late summer break
« on: September 14, 2017, 10:08:09 AM »
Went away for 8 nights to northern Portugal; stayed in a very nice hotel with a spa. We’ve been there before, but I had never used the spa. I have always been a bit scared of  saunas and Turkish baths, because my blood pressure tends to be low and I feel faint in hot conditions. But I decided to give it a go and it was fine! I also had a body exfoliation and an aromatherapy massage…I think I could get used to this sort of thing. While we were there we took the train to a very old, very historical city (Braga). A few photos attached.

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
Re: My late summer break
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 07:25:47 AM »
Eight nights! How wonderful.  :).   I'm glad you got to pamper yourself at the spa. I've not ever done anything like that. It sounds so luxurious!  Thanks for the pictures too. It's always great to see a bit of your travels, Milla.   (Especially since I never go anywhere!  :lol:)
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 10:55:23 AM »
We always go to the same places, ILLucy, but it is always different in a way or another. This time I discovered the sauna and the spa! My husband does not like long flights, so we either go to Spain or Portugal, which is a mere 2hr flight. Next year, we would like to go to Rome.

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 11:07:48 AM »
I have to live vicariously through you, Milla.  I do miss having a massage but can't seem to find the time now.  With the holidays around the corner, my declutter project seems to get bigger each day.  :wornout: LOL!  Always love the pictures you include. Such beautiful structures.  :heartthrob:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 03:19:28 PM »
Thank you. I know that you are in the middle of a major de-cluttering operation, but may I give you a word of advice? make time for yourself and the de-cluttering will be easier. The cathedral in the first photo dates back to 1079, but it has been renovated over the centuries. The organ and surroundings are typically baroque. I love this city. It is called Braga. In Roman times it was called Bracara Augusta!

SilverCrown

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 06:28:43 AM »
Oh, Milla! Those structures are breathtaking! I'm not a history buff but love to visit places filled with history and Europe is one big place like that. On your trips do you ever pause to wonder about all the people who have stood right where you are and what their lives were like?

The spa sounds wonderful and I applaud your bravery. I understand being reluctant to enter saunas and hot tubs and am so happy that you had a good experience.

SusieQ, I second Milla's advice to make time for yourself. It sounds like a massage is in order as well as a pause to appreciate all the progress you've made. I bet it's significant!
-SilverCrown