News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: personality test by Briggs-Meyer.... fascinating stuff!  (Read 255 times)

chataround

• Gold Member
personality test by Briggs-Meyer.... fascinating stuff!
« on: September 25, 2017, 08:49:44 AM »
https://www.16personalities.com

Take the test, let me know which personality you are, and if the results seem fitting to you. I am an ESJF.
  • Complexion: very fair, some slight rosacea
  • Eyes: hazel
  • Hair: slightly wavy, shoulder length, soft black
"Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic."
                   - Rosalind Russell

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: personality test by Briggs-Meyer.... fascinating stuff!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 02:16:58 PM »
When I've done Myers-Briggs before I was always an INTJ leaning toward INFP. I think that, according to their definitions, the descriptors are accurate for me. I am clearly introverted, getting energy and strength from being by myself rather than with others. I rely heavily on intuition and I'm a little wishy-washy when it comes to thinking vs. feeling and judging vs. perceiving.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 10:24:27 AM »
INFJ leaning toward INFP - these two do kind of overlap. In other words, highly-sensitive introvert. Confirms! I've known about the MBTI for many years.

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 06:58:35 AM »
I just took the test, & the result does NOT describe me.  I was very honest with each answer (why not?). My result is ISFP-T.  Maybe this would be me in a different life?  :lol:
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 02:04:14 AM »
Hmm...are all of the descriptors wrong, ILuvLucy, or just one or two?

I didn't take the test this time so perhaps the results from this test would be different for me, too. I've taken it during professional development seminars in the past and always gotten the same result. Upon reflection, I found it accurate. Maybe, because it's a free version of the test, it gives a different set of questions and subsequent results. It's 2:00 am and I'm up before the birds or I'd give it a go right now.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 10:37:36 AM »
I am ENFJ-T according to the test. I can recognize myself in some of the traits of 'the protagonist', as it is called, but I think I would have to ask a couple of people who know me well...I will ask my husband!

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 02:57:20 AM »
I am not very interested in horoscopes but my daughter (Aquarius) and my husband (Pisces) see me as a text book example of my star sign (Aries). A few years ago, DD found a series of videos on YouTube, all about the different star signs and both she and her Dad nearly fell off the settee laughing when they watched the Ram song. They thought it was ‘100% Mum’. Well, according to this test I have most of the strengths and weaknesses commonly associated with my star sign. Btw here is the video and the line that caused such mirth was: ‘I will not be afraid/I will lead the parade’.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy3LcfkYHV4&list=PL_KNeFAVG3J-b0KWdosYYxVlyowd4Ejcc

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 10:55:01 AM »
One reason people don't resonate with typical horoscopes, is because the default ones that one sees in newspapers, etc. assume the the sun sign is the same as one's Ascendant sign. Often, for a quick glance, the horoscope is more right on if one reads the one for one's Ascendant sign. To know that sign, one must know as close-to-accurate time of birth as well as location. In the US, every state has records of births which will give one that information. Thus, there will be 12 different variations of a given sun/star sign, since the horoscope natal chart is divided into 12 sections into what are known as the Houses, representing different sectors of life. I've informally studied astrology for about 17 years now as well as having consulted with an excellent one for awhile while I was living in Santa Fe. I've learned lots on the Internet as there are many resources for those who are interested. The deeper one goes, one sees that it is a spiritual art, which appeals and resonates with me. However, I would still consult with a good astrologer if I saw major trends coming up, as they can give a clear professional view once they have your chart in front of them. And I advise people who are oriented toward astrology at all to do the same. In my case, my Sun sign is at the very last part of Gemini, and my Ascendant is Pisces. Generally speaking, the typical Gemini is usually chatty, and flitting from one thing to another and often extroverted. Since Gemini is in my 4th house, that of house, home and private matters, people with their Sun there tend to be a lot more private, which describes me to a T. Pisces on the Ascendant, among other things, often indicates being highly creative, and physically and otherwise highly sensitive, which also describes me. But there's a lot more to astrology the more one delves into it, seriously!:) I know, I know, there are debunkers all over the place, but I've found that much applies actually.

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 11:45:12 AM »
Cara, my daughter would love to talk to you! She loves horoscopes and when she likes something she reads about it and really goes deep into it. I know she is Aquarius; I am sure she also knows her ascendant star sign. Another thing you have in common is creativity; she did a Fine Art degree and she is very imaginative. I can actually draw but I don’t have her ideas and her imagination. Going back to the personality test, I wonder if  people give totally honest answers…Years ago, I went on a management course and we had to have a 360 degree assessment. Don’t you think that something like that might be more accurate?

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 11:05:40 AM »
@milla: Interesting about your daughter. Yes I do the same with anything of interest, I delve into it in a major way. The Internet was MADE for people like us!:) Aside from my one very best friend, outside of counseling, I don't mention astrology to a single soul as I don't know ANYONE else personally who is into it at all. About the 360 personality test, I'm not at all familiar with that. And I do agree that truthfulness is key on any such test - not what one THINKS one should answer, but one's own truth, lumps and all.