News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Video Tutorial for Hooded Eyes  (Read 268 times)

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
Video Tutorial for Hooded Eyes
« on: November 07, 2017, 02:51:17 PM »
Hi everyone.  I know it's been awhile, but I just came across this video on YouTube, and wanted to share it here.  I can't remember when I last wore this much make up, but I think she does a nice job.
What do you think?

https://youtu.be/VmzBUbqzRWY
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Video Tutorial for Hooded Eyes
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 06:41:15 AM »
I have hooded eyes and, to be honest, can’t imagine applying eye shadow as she demonstrates. It works for her though so I can’t fault her. I just think my eyes are so hooded and lined that her suggested application would end up looking all wrong on me. I actually qualify for blepharoplasty on both eyes (paid by insurance) due to obstruction of vision by my lids. I find myself more and more reluctant to change my appearance surgically as I get older though. So, for me, I think I’ll stick with a light application of a nude shade to even the color of my lids and call it a day. For others, whose eyes aren’t quite so hooded, I think her method is well worth trying!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart