News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Daily Candy  (Read 1664 times)

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
Daily Candy
« on: January 18, 2010, 01:46:02 PM »
I'm not sure why I have not already posted about this one, but if you don't already subscribe then maybe you should.  The deals alone are worth the registration, but the content is also entertaining.  I have gotten many ideas for gifts here.  When they have a sale code, it is always at least 25% - better than any other deal place I know.  They also introduce me to all kinds of up-to-the-minute trends, products, travel ideas, and culture.

And it's all free for the asking, straight to your inbox.

http://www.dailycandy.com/subscribe/
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Daily Candy
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 02:54:11 PM »
Thanks, I think. :lol:  Yet more email to sort through but it looks interesting so I signed up.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 06:48:59 PM »
I really enjoy this one - the emails are short and catchy, so they don't take long to read!  You can customize what you want to read about, too.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 08:43:49 PM »
I've been getting Daily Candy for quite a while. I think Thrillist is trying to copy them but I find it much harder to read. I've joined way too many sites and am inundated -- Groupon, Tippr, HauteLook, Ideeli, Editor's Closet, and more. I'm going to start unsubscribing to some since I usually end up deleting them anyway.
  • Complexion: fair neutral
  • Eyes: boring brown
  • Hair: dark brown (over the grey), coarse, naturally curly but treated with keratin

Veuve

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 11:54:42 PM »
I've been subscribing to Daily Candy for awhile now, too; in fact, it's the only one I currently let in my mailbox. I agree-- short, catchy, easy to read, good deals. They've got it right, I think.
Women always try to tame themselves as they get older, but the ones who look best are often a little wilder.-- Miuccia Prada
www.shopquotidienne.com